*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851057-IN-THE-POCKET
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#851057 added June 5, 2015 at 1:05pm
Restrictions: None
IN THE POCKET?
Blog City image small
Imagine a long coat, imagine the pocket of that coat, imagine what is inside the pocket... oooohh noooo...
You are being followed aggressively...keep in mind all of the above details what are they going to discover when they get to you and grab your pocket.


All the street lights were burned out as I entered the neighborhood. I had the address, but house numbers proved impossible to see in the darkness. I think Billy told me the third or fourth house, but I couldn’t remember which side of the street. Looking back toward the main boulevard, a haven of bright lights, I saw two figures very briefly as they disappeared into the murky shadows.

A light rain joined the breeze that tormented the dry branches over my head. Pulling my long coat tighter, I kept moving. I could hear footsteps of someone running. Sounded like more than one person, and heading toward me. I passed the third house on the left. I had to be close to the safe house. But which one? I couldn’t see a light anywhere.

Then I saw it! Just a dark blue LED, blinking slowly. On the other side of the street. I start running across the wet pavement. Too fast. I slip, tripping on the curb. I try to stand, but one of my pursurers hits me hard. I sprawl across the sidewalk, just fifty feet from the blinking light. Rough hands yank at my coat. The fabric tears, an ugly ripping sound. A foot pushes me down hard into the concrete.

A gutteral voice in my ear warns, “Move again and I’ll knock you out.” His hands frantically searching through all my pockets. “Ah! I feel it!” He just shreds the side of the coat and pulls the inside pocket open. “Got it!” he yells to the other person whose feet were on both sided of my head. Five seconds later, they’re gone, running back the way they’d come.

Slowly I find my balance and stand, wiping the grit off my face. I reach inside my shirt where the key to the bank box is safely carried. Crazy guys, they are gonna be so upset when they find out the key they so viciously stole from me would only open the meter box in my garage.

Beside the blue light, the door to the safe house opens and I slip inside, sliding the bolts behind me. I’ll send a signal for a car to pick me up and I’m out of this mission for a few days. The money in the bank box will get me far away. I certainly will have to go shopping for a new coat. I loved that coat.

Keep your pockets safe...>>>iggy
*Boat2*
** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Closer picture of Iguana Portrait


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851057-IN-THE-POCKET