*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851061-The-Waiting-Game
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#851061 added June 5, 2015 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
The Waiting Game
Kos is now a distant memory as humdrum and routine take over. It was indeed a very busy week, but with hindsight we certainly packed a lot into our time away, including a day trip to Turkey, a place I never envisaged visiting and found pleasantly surprising. The kids are back at school, Paul is back at work, the English weather is pretty crap and now I quite fancy a holiday in Kos. *Rolleyes* Grass greener and all that. I'm sorting through the many photographs I took and will hopefully be able to link an album on Picasa at some stage.

Tomorrow Mey Ling and Bobby should be landing at Heathrow airport and hopefully there'll be no hiccups or problems arise. I'm hoping some sort of chaotic normality will resume in that area of life, the children will be more settled once the family is reunited and Mey Ling will perhaps be more appreciative of what she has here. Maybe that's too much to expect, but time will tell. It will be Bobby's second birthday on Monday although I'm wondering if he'll even remember us.

June seems to be one big mixture of birthdays and appointments and the calendar is rapidly filling up. Sometimes I'd love to be able to press a button and slow the days down. There's too much activity and too many hobbies to fit into a mere twenty-four hours a day, almost half of which are needed for sleep. What a waste of time that is. I'm looking forward to a few days away with my sister at the end of the month, though no doubt they too will be over in a flash. Then it's Wimbledon fortnight so little will be achieved during that period.

I tell my son he must be getting old when he complains there are too many choices these days, but I know exactly what he means. I look back at my childhood when there was no technology, no television, no supermarkets and very few ways of travelling far and wonder if it really was that simple. But then it was such a long time ago now and I guess I'm considered an historical relic these days. I can't believe how quickly time passes and how things change, not always for the better in my humble opinion.

But nothing any of us can do about it. Unless of course someone invents a time machine or a way of slowing time down. Anyone out there working on that?

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851061-The-Waiting-Game