*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851669-No-Change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#851669 added June 15, 2015 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
No Change
Another week gone in a blur of activity and pretty grim weather conditions for June. Mey Ling and Bobby returned safely and we ate out on Monday in celebration of Bobby's second birthday. Yesterday they all arrived at our house and within a few minutes it was clear very little has changed on the dysfunctional front.

*Bullet* Mey Ling announced she had a headache and needed a lie down. *Rolleyes* It wasn't a long one however so she soon joined the fray and adhered herself to her mobile phone. She has admitted Cambodia has changed a lot and has been quite distressed about the corruption and crime she's witnessed there. The standard of hygiene and health care has also upset her so she's obviously become westernised in some ways. It's all very sad, but I think she may not wish to return again for a long while. But then who knows anything?

*Bullet* Bobby is still not talking, but after two months in a foreign country hearing mainly a totally different language it's not really surprising. He's very good at pointing, dragging Angel to whatever he wants and making his presence felt however. Another dynamo in the making.

*Bullet* Hubby's obsession with food and the kitchen sink mean he's generally unavailable for playing or entertaining purposes as usual. His stress levels go through the roof if a child interferes with his preparations, so they have to be kept out of the area while he faffs about getting the simplest of meals ready. Nanna to the rescue.

*Bullet* The older children are still bouncing for England, never stop talking, falling out, making a mess and changing activities every few minutes. I guess they're just typical children, but the older I get the harder it is to keep up with them. No one else notices this however. *Pthb*

*Bullet* Son is looking rather weary again and admits he'd forgotten how much work one little extra body causes. I suspect Mey Ling will be suffering from jet lag for a month or two, so he'll have most responsibility for the children at home as well as going to work, running the kids to school and after school activities.

So, life as I know it resumes and I sure am looking forward to a week away with my sister, the only relative of mine who doesn't cause me any grief.
Maybe I wouldn't know what to do with a peaceful existence.

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851669-No-Change