*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851144-Good-Deeds-and-Troubles
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#851144 added June 6, 2015 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
Good Deeds and Troubles
Prompt: Tell me about TROUBLE that resulted because you did a GOOD deed.

------

Hahaha! I’d need an accountant to count those “good deed” troubles. One good thing came out of all those, though. I became inured, toughened, and acclimatized to them, so much so that I hardly ever notice them when they happen.

I could tell a few that happened in this site or maybe in my several decades of adult life, but I’ll take the fifth on those. See, taking the fifth comes with becoming inured.

Instead, let me go to one of the earliest ones when I was still green; that is, the time when my acclimatization was just about to begin taking its first baby step.

In third grade, there were two naughty boys who were at my table. When they didn’t pick on me, they fought with each other. One winter day, during recess, just before the teacher came into the room, they started fighting with each other with fists and leg kicks.

One of the boys was smaller and the other one looked like a wrestler. I felt bad for the smaller one that he would get beaten up; also, the teacher would get mad and would be cross with the rest of us if they didn’t stop. This teacher was a strict one who would fly off the handle easily. So, the dummy moi decided to separate them.

During the melee, one of them (the bigger one) fell and hit his head on one of the chairs. There was a gash to his head with blood all over. The teacher came in and was horrified. The smaller boy who I thought I was saving told the teacher, his friend fell because I pushed him. The teacher was so angry, she wouldn’t even listen to me.

She sent the hurt one to the nurse and his parents were called, and the other one and I found ourselves in the principal’s office. Luckily, I was a good, quiet student and everyone together with the principal knew that. Also, two other kids, after we left the room, told the teacher what really happened.

Before the principal--whose personality was the exact opposite of our teacher—decided on our punishment, the teacher came into the principal’s office with the kids who told the truth. Both fighting boys got a day’s suspension, and the principal advised me not to attempt stopping any boys whose sizes were bigger than me while they were boxing. Although I escaped punishment, my mother was notified as it was the school’s administrative duty to do so.

The moral here: It helps to have friends to watch your back and talk in your favor. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851144-Good-Deeds-and-Troubles