*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851257-Blog-stew-again
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#851257 added June 8, 2015 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
Blog stew again
Well, let's see . . .

*Note1* My husband and I went to church last night in two different cars. On the way home, the kids and I rolled down the windows (I admit we would have done this anyway since my car doesn't have any air, but it did add to the general enjoyableness of it), blasted some of our favorite songs from my phone and sang along. Fun times.

*Note1* Matt went to String Camp today. No, he didn't go OFF to camp - they come home every afternoon. Later on in the summer he IS going to sleep-away camp, two in fact: church camp and soccer camp. My-husband-the-violinist took him to String Camp this morning and then picked him up at 1:30. One of hubby's violin students wanted to go but didn't want to go by herself, so Matt and hubby are there to lend moral support. Plus the mom doesn't want to deal with the notoriously bad traffic around the college where String Camp is being held, so she paid half of Matt's tuition if her daughter could go with them. Not a bad deal.

*Note1* We have a silly habit of giving our dogs middle names. Bitsy's middle name is Louise and Wimzy's middle name is Grace. This gives us something to call them when they get in trouble, just as we do our children. We realized we never had given Jack a middle name. Emily and I were calling out silly names such as Giovanni and Guglielmo. Emily called out Rumpelstiltskin and Jack perked up and looked at her intently. Then I said it and he turned his piercing gaze to me. Every time we have said it since then, he has looked at us quizzically. We have decided that in a former life Rumpelstiltskin must have been his name.

*Note1* I cooked hamburgers for supper. They were much bragged on. My mother remarried when I was fifteen and my stepfather taught me to cook. Everything he cooked was cooked extremely simply, yet delicious. I still do this. As much time as I spend cooking, simple is a good thing.

*Note1* Around the time hubby left to pick up the string-campers, I left as well. One thing I was doing was getting out of the house, a necessity for me sometimes in spite of mostly being a homebody. I spent the afternoon talking to somebody I have known since I was a teenager: for thirty years, in fact, and it was the first week of June that we met. I needed somebody to spill to and he has always been my go-to person for that, just as I have been for him. A friendship like that is rare, in my experience, and nice to have.




© Copyright 2015 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851257-Blog-stew-again