*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851444-Will-Blog-for-Laughs-Day-4---My-life-is-a-piece-of-satire
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#851444 added June 11, 2015 at 10:31pm
Restrictions: None
Will Blog for Laughs: Day 4 - My life is a piece of satire
Thursday, June 11, 2015

"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
PROMPT: Another effective form of comedy is satire. Take a shot at writing a satirical piece on a local or national news story, or respond to any other blogging groups' prompt from a satirical viewpoint. - Make it funny folks.

My life for the past two days has been a piece of satire. On Tuesday, at least I think it was on Tuesday, I moved from Apartment 2 to Apartment 3 with the help of several neighbors. Anyway this is how my Tuesday started out. I pack because I thought I would be moving on Wednesday instead to Tuesday. The leasing agent's mother called me Tuesday afternoon and said I needed to get down to the office right away to sign the lease, which I had with me and hadn't signed yet because my sister needed to sign it as well. My sister wasn't coming to town until Wednesday.

I took the lease and went to the office where I signed it. I brought the signed lease back with me and my neighbors then helped me move from Apartment 2 to Apartment 3. The reason I had to be out of apartment 2 by Wednesday was because the new tenant needed to move in on Wednesday. Anyway I came home from the leasing office and we begin to move. We got everything moved and the food put in the refrigerator. One of the neighbors organized my kitchen the way she organized her kitchen, which is much better then the way I organize my kitchen. She put all my snacks and cereal on top of the refrigerator and I think that is a good place to put them especially since I don't have any place else to put them.

After everything was moved in and my living room looked like hoarder's den but more organized. I took the lady who had organized my kitchen to pick her children up at the Boys and Girls Club. When we got back home, I realized that I could find only one pill box and it wasn't the one with the thyroid meds in it. We looked and looked but never found the meds. I finally gave up on the pill box because I didn't need them on Tuesday night. I decided to look for them Wednesday morning. Anyway, on Wednesday my sister came into town. Since I had the lease papers here she could sign them here.

On Wednesday, about 7:00 or 7:30 am, the property manager (not the leasing agent) came to change the locks on the doors. He removed the old lock from Apartment 2 and put it on Apartment 3 and then put new locks in Apartment 2. He also changed the mail box keys. While he was doing this my sister came so she signed the lease and he took it back with him. I usually leave my front door open until about 11:30 am, when I went to close my front door it wouldn't close, but it closed fine while Don (the property manager was here) I called him and he came back and fixed the door. After he left, I spent the rest of Wednesday moving boxes and rearranging furniture in the living room.

I don't know why I looked in the freezer on Wednesday, but it's a good thing I did because the refrigerator wasn't working properly and the meat was thawing. De (one of the neighbors who helped me move) put the meat in her freezer and I called the leasing office. They sent someone out with a replacement refrigerator, but it will take it at least five hours to get completely cold. This means I have to wait until morning for ice cubes, not that I really need them because I been drinking warm bottle water for the past couple of days, but I would like to have a cold soda.

I expected Cox to come about 2:30 or 3:00 pm to connect the cable box and my internet. They were late and then I had trouble getting back on because neither my router nor modem could find the internet. Then to top that my Cox phone wasn't working either. They finally managed to get the router and modem working after I manually rebooted the router. It took a bit long to get the phone working, but it's working now.

I was able to take my thyroid meds this morning because I found the pill box containing them last night sometime. Now all I have to do is get the doctor to fax the prescription to the pharmacy otherwise I will be out of those on Sunday. I've also attempted calling my Medicaid case worker to inform her of my new living arrangements, but the line is busy so I may have to go up to the office next week.


© Copyright 2015 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851444-Will-Blog-for-Laughs-Day-4---My-life-is-a-piece-of-satire