*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851813-Arrival-and-departure
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#851813 added June 17, 2015 at 12:47am
Restrictions: None
Arrival and departure
It is kind of funny how the arrival of a friend from the airport can bring back memories. It seems like only yesterday that I was in departure and arrival mode around the time of my mother's funeral. There is a powerful metaphor there. Life is a series of arrivals and departures. I can not know the joy of arrival until I face the grand expectation of what departure will bring. I left in October wondering what it would be like when I got to be with family. It was bitter sweet. Without mom being around there was a sense in which I might never come back. It takes money and time to get to Massachusetts and they have no more money than I do. The enduring hope is that we all are on an arrival and departure schedule. 59 years ago I arrived on the scene oblivious to what might happen. I had a mom and dad who watched me grow and experience this very moment. Through out my whole life there have been a series of arrivals and departures since then. I can recall the joy on Mom's face when I came to visit from KC. I realize in a sense she departed for a better place and arrived to where she was meant to be. I will lay my head on my pillow and consider this same truth. May the same love that has brought me here, bring me together with the God who is love and embrace the whole idea of arrival and departure. Thanks for letting me be your friend.*Inlove*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851813-Arrival-and-departure