*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852008-A-long-night
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#852008 added June 19, 2015 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
A long night
I did overnight at work and it was like entering the twilight zone-the world of dreams.
I was working for someone who was wanting to attend a graduation. I am used to four hours, but eight?

I came on board and was given someone to train. I told him that his job was to keep me awake and it kind of ended that way. He was from the rich neighborhood near where I lived. My son teaches music at the school his family lives near. It was an adventure. We were vastly different. He was the big tough marine chain smoker, who at the age of twenty-two was bigger and better than anyone out there. He was convinced of the fact that if he was messed with he would quit.

I acted the role of the sobering agent. We were part of a greater whole and no one was indispensable. That did not go over well with a kid who had rapidly moved up the ranks in the military and was hoping to use his place in the military to strike fear in the powers that be. He was aware of the military entitlement that graced his work situation. His job would be saved back even if he was called to action.

The shift ended and we went our separate ways. In some ways so different and yet my son has a connection. Life is full of surprises.
*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852008-A-long-night