*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852101-still-sore
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#852101 added June 21, 2015 at 6:49am
Restrictions: None
still sore
Compassion has a cost. One can not have true compassion without being able to identify at some levels with the suffering others are going through. Lately, I have been bothered by the vestiges of prostrate angst. It is embarrassing and a nuisance. I have done all the tests and treatments and am left with medicine that works better on some days than others and time. It is said time heals wounds, yet at time it seems like it is forever. *Confused*

There is a scripture in the bible that talks about looking at all parts of our body as significant. The parts of the body that seem less important are the ones we need most. It is something to relate to in all manner of ways. It all comes down to that word compassion. It is kind of like the thorn in the flesh that Paul talks about. It is a nuisance and yet it provides a place whereby others can know that they are not alone.

Some times I would rather be alone and maybe that is part of the problem. I also notice that I struggle with the whole idea of forgiveness in the sense that I can not let go very easily my own negative perceptions of myself. I guess it relates a bit to the prostrate mess. Things do not work like they did when I was younger. I have trouble getting a good night sleep and usually wake up feeling less than perky, sore with stomach ache in places that are the unmentionable.

That is the trick. There are times we seem unmentionable and what about others. Here is opportunity to heal and as I do maybe I have insight into how I can aid others in their own journey to feel well whatever that means. I may still be sore and yet in entering the wounds like the Apostle Thomas did, I may explain with him:
My Lord and My God!!!!
*HappyCry*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852101-still-sore