*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853260-Working
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#853260 added July 3, 2015 at 6:25pm
Restrictions: None
Working
I am in the mood to tweak my own understanding about grace in relationship to works. I grew up hearing from my mom that we were justified by faith and saved by grace. Another words there is nothing that we can do to earn salvation.

My dad on the other hand was equally sold on the fact that faith without works was dead. He was adamant even to the point of being obnoxious. One of his favorite sayings was that God only helps those who help themselves. I realize that it is not in the bible. At the same time I think it has some truth that bears repeating.

I was at home until I came to my friend's house to do this blog. My internet site at home was not working. I came to a place where I knew it would work. I tend to think that these kind of events are no accident. I love getting caught up in the passion of celebrating and sharing how grace has allowed my life to bear witness to the wonder of God's love.

Here is the clincher. I was not able to share that good news because for whatever reason my internet source was not working. I am reminded of the limits of showering others with intimations of grace without being plugged in myself.

Grace can only work if we are connected to the source of grace. We offer up to others our vision of what working means in the context of our experience with God. Grace can only work when the God we worship is working in and through us. How can I even share about grace if I do not have a relationship with a friend I call Jesus. And in this case I have a good/grace filled friend name Bill who allows me to use his working internet site, in order that I might share this with YOU!!!
*Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853260-Working