*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853768-Welcome-to-Reality
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#853768 added July 8, 2015 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
Welcome to Reality
Welcome to Reality


As a security guard at Sprint we are used to experiencing drills and emergencies to hone our skills at being there for persons in crisis. Today there was a medical emergency while I was eating lunch. It seemed like such an inconvenience. I shrugged my shoulders and bolted out to where someone was experiencing chest pains and hung around until the ambulance was there and the person was on their way to the hospital. I was given permission to resume my lunch before the whole thing ended. It felt strange for whatever reason.
Wednesday is usually a day to have a drill and there was one planned for about 8:30. That was what I heard after a real medical unfolded. It was at the cube which was our headquarters. One of the lead supervisors was laying down flat on the floor unconscious. We were in many respects feeling like everything was strange and even crazier in a much greater sense than what we knew earlier. As of the blog he has been rushed to the hospital. I am in prayer and many of us are in disarray wondering what we could have done different and knowing at the same time back to our post. Reality smacks us in the face when we least expect it. We are faced with whether we stay down for the count or get up.

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853768-Welcome-to-Reality