*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854162-My-Prayer-for-You
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#854162 added July 12, 2015 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
My Prayer for You
My prayer for you is that you live full out until you die. Saving your energy for tomorrow is a waste of the gifts God gave you. I'm not saying be stupid, I'm saying LIVE!





Second, when you are in church or a public gathering, turn your cellphone off or the ringer off. It's just rude to have that go off in the middle of a special event.





Today's sermon was delivered by Deacon Rich. And it rolled out like this: What did you want to be when you grew up? It was about the importance of listening carefully to that inner voice because what God has planned for you will probably be totally different than what you have set for yourself.





That got me thinking, when I was little, what I really wanted to do was read books and watch Perry Mason. Later, Perry Mason was replaced with Star Trek, but the love of the law was never replaced. Now, instead of reading books, I write stories. Now instead of being Perry Mason, I am Della Street.





Deacon Rich wrapped it up by saying that the prophets were just asked to deliver a message and they would be taken care of. They were not required to make sure people understood the message, heard it, or even put it in practice. All they had to do was deliver the message. This world is hard enough, you do not have to do it by yourself. There is a church community and just by living your life in community, you will influence others.





I got to thinking on that. No matter who you are or where you go, when you go with God, the path is always a little easier, things are taken care of, and your light will shine brightly. It's just the way things work out. This is not to say the path will be easy, you just won't get your ass handed to you on a silver platter as often.





Peace out!
© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854162-My-Prayer-for-You