*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854187-back-finallyFor-the-moment-anyway
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#854187 added July 12, 2015 at 8:19pm
Restrictions: None
back, finally...For the moment anyway
No predictions on when I will make time to visit WdC and such, but I am here today. No writing compulsions for a while, but the nights are cooling down a bit and the brain is starting to spark some extra activities...the mental siesta may be waning along with the heat, and the mind works better in cooler temperatures.

I am reading an oldy but goody...R.A.Heinlein's Rocket Ship Galileo. Amazing what he knew in 1947 about the vacuum of space and the way one must move around in 1/6th Earth gravity. The story is a bit of an anachronism, and innately predicts the existence of cities on the moon by 2000...but still, all in all a good read. I know I read this story once, a long time ago in another life...but having read it so long ago and in another life, it is like reading the story for the first time.

The story is a bit hokey with the addition of Moon People, not human. But if Spielberg adapted this story, I'm sure the moon people would be E.T. not indigenous to the moon. *Laugh*


© Copyright 2015 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854187-back-finallyFor-the-moment-anyway