*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854216
Rated: GC · Book · Adult · #2048718
Dodge is a Gnome of Hiding and needs live in a world that is going to destroy him!
#854216 added July 25, 2015 at 7:06am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2: The Gnome meets the Nymphs
Dodge walked doggedly down the street as he got to an alleyway. He sighed as he got into the alleyway feeling minor security. He then heard from above him a familiar voice, “You caused serious injury and misfortune to the mortals’ in that vehicle.”

Dodge looked up as he sighed and said opening his left hand in frustration, “That wouldn’t have happened if you decided to ignore me Hashmal. Now, please stop being a pest and leave me alone.”

Hashmal had his boomerang appear as the lightning boomerang flew at Dodge. Dodge said as he leaped over the boomerang with gritting teeth, “You guys are more annoying than flies!”

Landing on his feet Dodge moved his hand in front of his face vanishing before Hashmal’s eyes, “Now you see me, now you don’t.”

Hashmal then said as an arrow flew by his left shoulder, “I don’t have to see you to get you.”

The arrow flew towards Dodge who nearly panicked with wide eyes seeing the arrow head for him. Blood and death flashed before his eyes as he dropped his stance. Falling back he hit the ground dodging the arrow just enough to not draw blood, only to tear his clothing.

Panting Dodge looked up and saw past Hashmal’s shoulder was an angel that was shrouded by a shadow. The angel stood on a building covered by a shadow from another building. Dodge said trying to swallow the fear in his throat that felt like vomit was trying to be held back. Dodge shouted at Hashmal with panic and anger, “What’s with this new angel? You’ve always handled me yourself Hashmal!”

Hashmal responded as he readied his boomerang, “You have terminated ten bodies of Hashmal and eluded me for quite some time. I have brought reinforcements to exterminate you pagan pest.”

Dodge then asked Hashmal as he reached for his right back pocket, “And who is your buddy?”

The angel on the roof top vanished and Dodge felt a hand grab his wrist, “I am Puriel, the angel that will eliminate you.”

Hashmal then said as he caught his lightning boomerang transforming it into a scythe, “That shall remain undetermined until he lies on the ground pouring out his bile and blood that is cursed.”

Dodge looked at all the people walking the street seeming to ignore the scene. Dodge said as tears poured down his face and he choked on disgust, “All these people can’t see you monsters because you control the minds of monotheists. And I am going to be punished for choosing to be adopted by mom. Well, guess what. My mom gave me the only tool I’ll ever need to defeat you bastards!”

A tear fell to the ground as it sparked up summoning a flash of light. Dodge then said as he ran forward feeling his wrist pull out of its socket, “YOU BASTARDS!”

Screaming with a headbutt to Puriel’s face Dodge kicked off his right shoe. The right shoe flew at Hashmal’s face colliding to his nose.

Hashmal fell as Puriel stumbled back and staggered to a dumpster. Dodge panted as his hand swung loosely as Dodge grabbed his hand. He pushed up and in as he put his wrist back together with a scream. People still walked by as Dodge looked up at Hashmal with eyes of murder.

The pair of angels began to float up as they seemed to recover. Dodge said as he reached for his pocket with his non damaged hand. He pulled out of his back pocket a Beretta 21A Bobcat. He pulled the hammer back with his thumb and took aim at the black and white winged angel.

Firing a bullet he saw the angel be hit square in the forehead. He sighed as the angel lost the light in his eyes. The body collapsed losing the wings and having clothes grow on it. The angel was no longer a supernatural being and just turned into a basic human composite.

Puriel said with a voice that showed no pity, “You will die now.”

Dodge turned around to see the new angel up and close. He glared and said taking aim at the red winged angel, “You will die.”

The angel summoned a fire made bow instilling the fear of fire into Dodge who lost his spine. The gun in his hand fell as he whimpered falling back. People were beginning to make a commotion about the dead ex-angel body.

Puriel’s gold locks flew with the heat as the eyes that were basically fire took aim at Dodge. His red loin cloth with a gold flame design cross fluttered with the wind and heat. An arrow formed into the bow of flames. Drawing the arrow back Puriel said with a smile, “Pyrophobia, excellent, now to banish this filth from the Lord’s Earth.”

Dodge just stood there as he stared at the flames. He had nothing in his body that would help him. As the arrow flew a person from the streets pulled out their gun. The person pulled the trigger as Dodge heard the gun shot, he fell and the last thing he felt was the impact to the street.

Puriel looked at his belly to see a bullet wound. Blood that ignited poured from the wound. The person glowed with a bronze light surrounding them. They pulled the trigger again shooting fire wielding angel with the gun. The second shot impacted into the chest making the angel back up and slowly turn into a person’s body. The body laid onto a dumpster as the person walked towards Dodge.

Dodge felt blood pour out of his shoulder and tried to breath. The person’s boot hit the pavement by Dodge’s head leaving the boot to eclipse his vision. But, the boot was the last thing he saw as he closed his eyes.

When Dodge woke up after several hours of being unconscious

Dodge moaned as he felt pain in his right arm. A female voice said to him as he looked up at the ceiling, “Don’t worry, you are with family.”

Looking at his left Dodge saw a woman’s face. The woman reminded Dodge of a savvy alley cat*Cat* even behind the square frame glasses. Her luxurious silky, curly, autumn leaves hair was worn in a style that reminded Dodge of a cat's ears*Cat* with twin buns in the back that looked like cat paws*Cat*. Her hair was a mix of colors red, orange, blonde and brown with strands of colors everywhere mixed together. Parts of her hair looked like white spots as if looking at an animal’s fur. She was average height with a slender build and a petite bosom covered by a pink long sleeve shirt.

The woman’s slanted yellow eyes that seemed like molten gold looked at Dodge behind her square frame glasses. Her creamy skin looked like a dark tan that reminded him of a Latina. Her pink lips had a small smile as she said savvy like, “I sewed your wounds, was going to school to be a surgeon. You’ll need time to heal and your shoulder will probably never be the same again.”

Dodge asked with pain, “Where am I? Who are you?”

The woman said to him with a smile and closed eyes, “Man, you don’t listen very well do you? You are with family. My name is Ferris, consider me to be like a sister.”

Dodge tried to swallow as he asked parched, “Water.”

Ferris pointed to his left as he looked to see an IV hanging from the ceiling, “Don’t worry, you’ll be hydrated soon. I wasn’t sure if you should drink water right now. I might have missed something and it could pool leading to infection. I’m just going to have to watch you for now.”

Dodge asked trying to stay awake and strong, “The angels?”

Ferris replied simply while smiling as if presenting good news, “Gone for now. But, you know angels. They’ll be back.”

Looking sad now Ferris complained almost broken spirited, “They always do.”

Dodge asked her with a groan, “Why did you save me?”

Ferris replied surprised as she waved a hand down as if hitting the very idea away, “Oh, no I didn’t save you. That would be Red’s doing. And don’t worry, you are with children of Juno.”

Dodge went out finally as he mumbled relieved with a smile on his lips, “Nymphs and Gnomes….”

Giggling softly with a cat*Cat* like leer Ferris said as she pushed her glasses up reflecting the light hiding her eyes with a smile, “Just the *Heart*one*Heart* gnome.”
© Copyright 2015 FlashWally22 (UN: m-2mousecyborg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FlashWally22 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854216