*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854319-THAT-COMEDIC-VIEW
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#854319 added July 14, 2015 at 8:52am
Restrictions: None
THAT COMEDIC VIEW
         
Blog City image small Prompt: Sense of Humor
“Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance.”
Do you use that comedic view for the ills in your life? And how successful is it?

         
         When certain people take themselves too seriously, they need a good dose of humor to balance them out. I’m afraid my humor can get quite sarcastic.
         
         The idea of a ‘spiritual distance’ is foreign to me. If anything, I would want a more spiritual closeness---and that can easily include humor. But then you realize that ‘spiritual’ can mean many different things to each person.
         
         I also have questions about ‘ills in my life’. That seems a very negative way to look at problems that happen. I do know people that carry around a bag of their ‘ills’ to list in great detail if you dare ask, “How are you doing?” Their negative energy sends me running.
         
         Now, do I have a sense of humor? Yes, for sure. But I don’t tell jokes---I never can remember them. I love hearing jokes or reading them, but once I’ve laughed, they’re usually forgotten. My best novel characters have a sarcastic sense of humor. Funny how that works out. I loved Don Rickles, he was so clever and could get away with saying just about anything. Joan Rivers was another. I also love the gentle humor of Betty White. These folks make fun of reality with such skill.
         
         Keep laughing...>>>iggy
*Boat*
         
banner with iguana The WYRM group banner.

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854319-THAT-COMEDIC-VIEW