*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854011-WHAT-IS-AN-ARTIST
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#854011 added July 11, 2015 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
WHAT IS AN ARTIST?
         
Blog City image small Do you think artists should connect with their fans via social media or leave up the wall between performer and audience?

         
         If ALL ARTISTS were exactly the same, you could have some kind of general rule about privacy or transparency. HOWEVER, no two artists are the same.
         
         Some artists are private. Their work is highly personal and perhaps emotional. You can see it (their art), admire it, buy it, but you cannot know about the person who created it.
         
         Some artists are almost totally a creation of the social media. Their image is everywhere, what they wear, who they have dinner with, the scandals, the intrigues of who their next lover will be. All of it is part of social media. And some are multi-millionaires because of this exposure. Others are just laughed at and they soon disappear.
         
         Did you notice how real news has merged into social media to the point where they are indistinguishable. Of course it’s not surprising, all of it is produced and edited and presented by the same few giant corporations. It really blurred when Facebook began featuring the news networks.
         
         Now you could say that social media is THE MEDIA of our world.
         
         Is this illusion complete enough for you?
         
         Where is the reality? >>>iggy
*Boat*
         
         
banner with iguana The WYRM group banner.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854011-WHAT-IS-AN-ARTIST