*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854573-A-new-tablet
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#854573 added July 17, 2015 at 12:59am
Restrictions: None
A new tablet
I guess as much as I like the word table, tablet could work just as well. I talked a long time with the person who had shared a lurid story a few days ago. It was a great conversation in learning what to expect in any one encounter. The word table speaks about preparation for a feast and tablet for me longs for an encounter that will be worth my while. That could connect with our fancy computer tablets that are in vogue or a tablet that I take with a glass of water to feel better.

I kind of wondered what might happen in this next encounter, which I see as one of many more to come. The woman, who just happened to be a school teacher, Catholic nun, counselor and theologian par excellence, excused herself quite quickly from what had happened when she share her story. She was not regretting our encounter and at the same time she saw herself as a lot more than that. We had a great time of sharing. I owned up to my own lack of setting boundaries when things got intense. You see she is the client and I am the caregiver and for a time our roles switched.

I will remember this encounter more than others. She is a wise woman. There was no going back over what had happened. There was much talk that she facilitated about what healthy boundaries meant for her in a personal way. I was glad to know someone who could be so authentic. She still told her story. It just went in a much more entertaining and in some sense more inspirational tangent. The tablet that this encounter was written on was: do I really want to know her or what she told me about her.

I think for once in almost 60 years I am at least closer to getting what it means to really listen!!
*Inlove*

It is knowing I can not love and respect others until I learn to love and respect myself!! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854573-A-new-tablet