*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854662-glad-to-be-me
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#854662 added July 18, 2015 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
glad to be me
It time for my next blog. I spent quite a lot of time writing and will look for time to do more. I figured I would get some reviews in too. I am not real sure what is changing for me. I am not overly concerned at getting anyone to read my writing. It is more like an urge to let go! It could be likened to a need to vomit, but I think it is more a need to release something that is locked deep within, so that I am no longer a prisoner. I can not imagine the journey will be easy and even if it is finished it will be a journey that is a long way from completion. Part of the mystery is finding out what is locking me up. I am handcuffed to expectations that I will be whatever God wants me to be. I am running out of time. I know my limits. I am not a good preacher compared to others I listen to. I get tongue tied and am exhausted after the sermon is done. I used to think I had a gift of compassion. I am learning that I am a lousy listener. How can one have compassion when the world of the other is virtually unknown. I do not know how to write well and yet it is something I love to do. I like to eat, play tennis and sleep. That does not mean I do all things equally well. It is rather funny. I enjoy visits with family and friends. That does not mean I am an expert on one to one relationships. Counseling others is definitely out. I have been counseling almost all of my life. I would rather see myself as a professional client.

I do not know what to think. I will watch my sports and play my word games. I will do reviews, because I enjoy doing that. I will be a security guard and caregiver, because I need to pay bills. I am a believer. The problem is that I pale in comparison to others I look up to and almost worship. If only I could be like them. Why do I have to be so inept? I am glad that people are patient with my shortcomings. I hope that I can be as gracious with them. God give me strength to be me it is the only thing I can do better than anyone else. God created me for some reason. I can not worry about all the other people that I can never know completely. God could have created me to be anyone. Instead he created me to be me!!
*Smile*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854662-glad-to-be-me