*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854633-Electic-Madness
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#854633 added July 17, 2015 at 4:10pm
Restrictions: None
Electic Madness
Okay, I let a few days go by before I wrote again so I allow for something to happen.
#1 - We got some interesting pictures of Pluto. As far as I'm concerned, Pluto is a planet. Period. Give the little guy some respect. Can't wait to see more awesome pics of the planet.

#2 Scott Walker through his hat in the ring for President. Me? I try not to discuss politics because it's such hotbed of dissention. I'll tell you this: I'm a Reagan Democrat. I lean left, I lean right. I'm not an easy fit into Republican or Democrat. Let's leave it at that. I think the upcoming presidential race will be very interesting.

#3 Chattanooga, TN. My heart goes out to the marines' families.

#4 I saw a headline on Yahoo News were a 20 yr old was given 90K trust for college from her grandparents and she blew right through it. Now she owes 20K and has no idea no to pay it. When it was suggested she get a job, she scoffed at the idea. She finally broke down and asked her parents for a loan. They said no and they further said that unless she got a job they wouldn't co sign for a loan either. Finally, after 4 days, she reluctantly admitted she would have to find a job. Amazing!! I knew at the tender age of 14 that I would need to get a job and that I wasn't entitled to anything but what I earned. I've held jobs since I was 15. I'm 47 now.

#5 My sensory son is doing good in swim lessons and enjoying himself.

#6 I'm reading "Queen of the Tearling." AWESOME book!! It's the best book I've read in a while. *Smile*


The Pelican, cont...

The kid laughed as the pelican gagged on some flaming hot Cheetos. I shook my head in disgust. The kid must have been about three or four. Glancing over, I spied his family sitting around the picnic table stuffing their faces with freshly grilled steaks and corn.

The pelican trashed his head, squawked, and spit the mass of Cheetos on the ground. The kid stomped his feet, thrust his hand into the bag and threw a handful of fresh, hot Cheetos at the pelican. The bird stared at the boy and flapped his wings.

The kid stomped his feet. Again. Then he pointed to the Cheetos. The Pelican took one step forward, bent over, then stood. He shook his head and squawked. Guess he didn't like them. Too hot? Or greasy? Or both?

The kid pointed to the pelican, then to himself, then dipped his hand in the bag and shoved a handful of Cheetos into his mouth. His cheeks puffed out like golf balls. He chomped and chewed and a little bit of spittle dribbled out of the corner of his mouth. When he finished, the boy smiled and pointed at the Cheetos at the ground. "Eat!"


I wrote something this week!! Check it out:
 Invisible   (ASR)
A conversation between a man and his mirror.
#2049070 by StephBee

© Copyright 2015 StephBee (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854633-Electic-Madness