*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854758-Double-Booked
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#854758 added July 19, 2015 at 2:54am
Restrictions: None
Double Booked
Work had one of those painful twists today. I am scheduled to work as a mobile on the weekend. I have worked for close to one year and the one thing I could depend on was sixteen hours of uninterrupted mobile for those two days.

The last two weeks have been different. Last weekend I worked one four hour shift and was told over and over that this took place because of people upstairs needing an adjustment for recruiting reasons. I could live with this although entering the day I was a lot less trusting. It is not easy to come to work as I did last week and just before I start being told that another worker needed to be trained on mobile on my side of the campus. There was a more bitter pill to swallow when within seconds of getting ready to do mobile I am told I need to continue working building patrol. I had played tennis that morning with my son and was past exhausted by the time I finished the shift. I was not happy!

Then fast forward to today. I was feeling very puny before the shift started and let it be known that I was not taking anything for granted. I was given the mobile book and went happily on my way. Everything was going fine until I was getting ready to finish lunch. The manager comes up to me and tells me that I have to do building patrol, because the person coming in could only do mobile, whereas I could field both positions. I was a little unhappy, but after talking to another officer I realized I needed to consider the team, even if it did not feel right or good.

I went to building officer post and wouldn't you know it another officer had been scheduled to work at the same post at the same time. I was past pissed. The supervisor on shift was new and had been working only a few weeks. He let me know that he had no access to the schedule and was doing everything he could to find out what happened. I was given a dummy post while they straightened the mess out. While I am doing this the mobile that took my place is gleefully preparing to do assist checks, which was something I enjoyed doing. At one point I suggested that the mobile take the dummy post, since he was not trained for building patrol.

When the smoke cleared and it took quite a while for the truth to come forth, the mobile made a mistake. He was supposed to work on Sunday instead of Saturday. OOPS!!
After doing his assist checks he came into the squad room with a big smile on his face. Oops I screwed up, but I am going to like that overtime. He was wondering if he really wanted to do the same thing as scheduled on Sunday.
I want to know how things are going to be different.

As it was the payroll sheet could not be filled out properly due to the double booking. I was on a dummy post most of the night, which is not one of the listed positions on the payroll sheet. Here I am feeling quite sickly, wondering if it is worth the trouble to call off tomorrow. I wonder if it would do any good. How do I know it will not happen again.

I am a deeply spiritual man and another side of me demands me to put a smile on my face and sing songs of grace. I do not mind reading the bible as the only book. When I am double booked and in a manner of speaking messed with I ask for someone to be accountable for what the only book God sent our way. Leave the idea of double booking to someone else.
*FacePalm*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854758-Double-Booked