*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854994-foibles
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#854994 added July 21, 2015 at 8:05am
Restrictions: None
foibles
I was talking to a nun about how we look though the lens of dysfunction due to cultural demands to cast out the demon of anything that was anything less than ideal.

We both came to the realization that our parents did the best that they could and yet according to prevailing authority they fell far short. Because of that we did not turn out as well as whoever said that we were a product of our environment. Maybe the people made all the rules about how family is supposed to run are the most dysfunctional of all.

I believe there was a time when people looked beyond the hurt and after grieving found some kind of healing redemption. I hate when there is abuse of any kind. I do not condone it myself or others. At the same time I think this negative obsessing needs to stop. I do myself and the people I loved an injustice when I refuse to forgive what is beyond my scope to understand. Hopefully I can see through the eyes of love, the eyes of the God who created me and gave me life.

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854994-foibles