*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855928-Summer-heat
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#855928 added July 30, 2015 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
Summer heat
Playwright Anton Chekkov said, "People don't notice whether it is winter or summer if they are happy." Do you agree with him? Why or Why not? Would you say you are happier during the summer than other seasons? Why or Why not?

I guess that could be true if you are having happy all the time. My own take on the issue revolves around what season provides the best setting for optimum glee ness. I have never liked summer a whole lot, which is interesting because that is when I was born. I was the first of eight children and I can hardly remember a birthday beyond the moment I entered into the world. Life became hectic as one kid after another popped out into a new world.

My favorite season tends to be fall. That is where most of my memories are lodged. I like the weather. I was someone who loved to walk in the woods and notice how the leaves changed. I loved to climb trees and play in the leaves. I loved Halloween, if only for the candy I got at trick or treat and the costumes I got to see.

My next favorite season is winter, because of the season of Christmas. I enjoyed sledding and playing in the snow when I was young. I am not as happy driving or walking in the stuff as when I was a lot younger.

In some respects if I am happy It does not matter what season it is. At the same time certain positive memories come knocking on the door of life in any particular season. I am reminded of apple pie, lasagna or even a bon fire and singing around it. I love the holidays, so that can skew some of the data. Holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving and Independence day find a way to seep out of the woodwork of memory at any given time. At church for example I am reminded of resurrection every time I walk through the door. At a family dinner/feast thanks for giving me all this wonderful food. Independence day is all about fireworks that explode at just about any celebration any more. It is all about wanting to be free to bursting in a rainbow of colors.

Then there are the seasons of a persons life, being young and maturing into old age.

I hope all this makes sense to somebody, even Chekkov can recall that the happiest moment was the season in which the words of his inspiration came to life.
Don't worry be happy.

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/855928-Summer-heat