*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856032-The-other-side-of-old-age
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#856032 added August 1, 2015 at 12:47am
Restrictions: None
The other side of old age
I saw my life in a different light today. I was at my buddies house and we were talking about what it meant to live at an older age. I learned that it is a matter of perspective. My buddy had just burned his hand when spaghetti sauce sprayed on to it. Both he and his wife are constantly at work on projects and hope to sell their house so that they can get closer to immediate family. I had thought that maturing was a good thing. I am reminded that aging is a resignation to the reality that things do not work as well and as in the case of other couples our age concerns about issues like dementia are an underneath concern.

I see it in a different light, which means that I can see more possibilities about what hope means as persons learn to overcome limits and live with them in ways that they did not need to at other times.
*StarStruck*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856032-The-other-side-of-old-age