*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856199-Blog-Challenge-Mt-Washburn-Trail
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#856199 added August 2, 2015 at 9:35am
Restrictions: None
Blog Challenge Mt. Washburn Trail
Wow. Mt. Washburn Trail what awesome views. I'm going to take the Trail from the Chittenden parking area. It is only about 22.25 miles one way to the lockout Tower. I would rather take the Chittenden part of the trail up to the tower because I can ride my bicycle. I packed my camera and though my telescopic lens is a pain to carry it would be crazy not to use it along the trail and pictures from the Fire Tower will be great. I can see why there is a Fire Tower here you are on the rim and it is a great view.

I just saw some Mountain sheep on my way up. They were laying along the trail sunning themselves. The view from the Tower is so sprawling and immense. If I had wings this would be the place to cast off and fly. Packed water and trail bars in packs on both sides of the bicycle for balance. I have a wide padded strap to hang across my camera across my shoulders so it is easy to grab quick for a sudden picture and still leaves me lots of freedom for pedaling. This road is paved for automobile and bicycle use so it is great for the ride.

If I stay long enough in Yellowstone I will have to hike the Duraven trail head later because the views from the two trails are different. There is a sign that says the elevation on the Mt Washburn Trail is 10,243 f. or 3.122 m. If you don't like heights stay away from the edge.

3 miles up to the tower and 3 miles back to the car maybe I will do the Duraven hike later this afternoon.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856199-Blog-Challenge-Mt-Washburn-Trail