*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856836-He-died
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#856836 added August 8, 2015 at 4:58pm
Restrictions: None
He died
I just got word about twenty minutes ago that the person I care for died this morning about 6am. It is a bittersweet revelation. You can not but help to get attached to person when you have been in their home for two years, even if it is in a professional role.

She called me and was noticeable upset. The first words she offered was that her husband died. What does a person say at that point? I had just got to work and sure did not expect this kind of phone call. I left the work area and found a place to talk. I asked her about the story of what happened. This went on for a few minutes. She talked about getting up for the normal feedings and suctioned him out, came back and he was white as a sheet. He had finally let go.

We talked about how he brought myself and other caregivers together to that place to care and share. She shared about feeling a need to talk to the agency, who she was not on the best terms with. I supported her in waiting. The time that she had needed to be spent in connection with people that she loved and could give her hugs. This is a time that she needed to think about herself after all the years that she had spent caring for her husband. She went on to share how gifted I was a minister. God had something for me to do. I reflected that God had something for me and also for her. The main message is that she needed to only be concerned with finding care for herself.

I asked what I could do. I realize my job has ended. She told me to call a couple times next week and that I will do. Life goes on. As June would say on a constant basis when something went wrong "Holy hell". I pray that she finds peace and that the love of God will sustain her. Her twin sister is coming to visit from Wichita. I can think of nothing better to bless June (not real name) with than the care and love that comes from being with family.

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856836-He-died