*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856912-Tubing-on-the-Lewis-and-other-Yellowstone-features
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#856912 added August 9, 2015 at 10:05am
Restrictions: None
Tubing on the Lewis and other Yellowstone features
Do we have two cars and drivers picked out? Drivers do not forget to put your keys and phones in a dry box and keep them safe en-route. Other things I have learned since I never tube floated before is wear a life vest. Use lots of sunscreen and be warm if it is cold. Be sure you check your tubes for full inflation and slow leaks before you start (read How not to have a fun river float by Nikki Klock) and someone in the group should be towing a spare tube for safety. Wear water shoes, flip flops don't do well on the river. Let's be sure to take food in one of the cars for a picnic at the end and stop at one of the waterholes along the way for a swim. The launch at Lewis park to Daybreak Park will give us a 2 hour float about 1.5 miles. It will take about 2 to 3 hours. Don't forget to lift your butt out of the water near rocks or the small rapids we might meet on this float.

As for fishing, there are 16 species of fish in yellow stone lake. They are in a serious removal science system for getting rid of invasive species. There is a European disease cause by a protozoa but does not affect humans. However, eradicating it is difficult because fish eating birds pass it through their systems and it infects other parts of the fish populations in other places.

I'm charging my Paper White, phone and storage chargers for when we leave the Cody and new batteries for the camera, clean clothes and I washed my sleeping bag while I was there. Also taking lots of fresh trail bars. Can anyone think of things we should be renewing for the trek out later?

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856912-Tubing-on-the-Lewis-and-other-Yellowstone-features