*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857002-Yellowstone-day-10
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#857002 added August 10, 2015 at 9:14am
Restrictions: None
Yellowstone day 10
1. CampFire Story: There is a cemetery called Little Egypt. If you go to the cemetery at night, you walk around the cemetery and a man in old fashioned clothes sits on a gravestone. He says he was hanged as a witch 200 years ago. He is quite handsome. A wolf howls and you and your friends get back in your car and leave. A van that looks like the Scooby Doo Van chases you. You speed up to get away from it. You land in a ditch and the van disappears. You get out of the van and a headless horse man gallops past you and he throws a head at you. It is covered in horse manure. The man who claims he was hung is swinging from a tree near by. You can't get your car out of the ditch and a comet is headed your way!

2. Was that....? That can't be right. Let me see- oh, crap! I just twisted my ankle in a gofer hole. Some lights flash by on the side of the road that look vaguely like the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo. But that can't be. After all, that's only a cartoon. Bright line shines directly over me now... Holy... Man what's a girl have to do to catch a break in this town? Bad enough I'm seeing things, but then getting clobbered like that? I need some aspirin. Just as a start. If I can even make it back to camp now. My leg's going to be shot by the time I drag myself all the way down there again. UGH! What a night. Things can't get much worse than they have been so far? Right? Right? (Blue Moon)

3.Why do I hear Shaggy's voice? No, this can't be. Scooby Doo is a CARTOON. Cartoons don't come to life. That's not possible. Is it? I'm pretty sure they don't! At least, until now they didn't. I wake up in a van, and it's moving. Why do these people look exactly like Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and Fred? "Scooby want snacks!" I swear, this is getting more and more bizarre.
by Help Miss Dragon

4."Scooby Do where are you?" I hate it when songs get stuck in my head, especially those that remind me of food. I don't know who is sing that song or where it's coming from. The one thing I do know is that I want a Scooby Snack, I mean if Shaggy can eat them then they must be good for humans. True Shaggy is a cartoon human, but he's still a human. Actually Scooby Do acts more like a human being then a dog.

The van is in a ditch and Scooby Do is no where in sight. Doesn't he always pop up when the van is around or Shaggy is in trouble. All right, I'm not Shaggy (well my hair is a bit shaggy, but I need a haircut). Why am I shivering? I know this has to be a dream or rather I think this has to be a dream. I'm wearing pink cowboy boots, my Harley hate, and a lavender dress.

Wasn't there a graveyard across from the van? What happened to the graveyard? Where is that fog coming from? Why do I keep hearing the Scooby Do theme song over and over? What is walking out of the fog? I see something or someone coming towards me and he/she/it is sing the Scooby Do theme song.

5. We better get the van out of the ditch because Miss Dragon has been abducted by ??? someone. I'll borrow the horse from the headless guy I think I can still ride after that trail ride we managed. Don't worry about the howling wolf it's probably my dog Char looking for a walk down the trail. Anyway we need to get Dragon back so we can set up camp.

Camping:

Wow Senior rates are 50 per cent. I dried and resealed my tent at Cody so leaking is out of the question. I'm also carrying 100 percent carrot juice which will keep me energized for a few days until it runs out. Grant Village is a great place for a tent site. Flush toilets, showers, special places to wash dishes, running water at the campsite. I hope we can grill steaks and sweet corn. I will help with clean up. I all ready got a picture of an Elk in a field nearby. We should take all our Bear Knowledge seriously because there has been a recent attack of a hiker by a Grizzly Bear.

That school bus ride was rough and bumpy. I had to even hang onto my hat for a while. Glad to see Blue Moon made it in to the campsite. Blue might need a hand putting up a tent.

I sure like the woodsy atmosphere in this campsite. And, itching to get hiking.


© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857002-Yellowstone-day-10