*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857206-Regular-stuff-and-Yellowstone-day-12
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#857206 added August 12, 2015 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Regular stuff and Yellowstone day 12
I might be getting the hang to this 30 day blogging challenge. If I remember to post my blog it will work out. We are changing internet servers this week so the week will be interesting.

Yellowstone Must be a geologists dream. With boiling mud popping in clay pot holes. And volcanoes that fire every 600,000 years or so.

Where are we moving the camp to because you can only camp in solid walled campers in the area near the fishing bridge because of You guessed it (Bears!!!). One day in 2004 I was babysitting the Grandchildren at my sons home when a neighbor came banging at the door. In a stealthy voice he said, "Bring the kids quick and look." We followed him across the yard and looked where he was pointing at the bird feeder in his yard and there was a small black bear snuffling up the bird seed it had knocked out of the feeder. Another time my 4 footed dressage partner was flipping out in his paddock in early spring. He definitely wanted his safe barn stall, after putting him in the barn I went to check the paddock. Down near the willows on the lower part of the paddock outside the paddock fence I thought I saw a young dog so I went to fetch the binoculars. That is when I spied a black bear mama and her cub near the creek. The local mascot for the High School is a Bear so if you tell someone you saw one they just *Rolleyes*

The weirdest thing I can think of that happened in the summer? There was a earth tremor. I was giving a horse back riding lesson at the time and because the horse was in canter time the rider did not even notice that it was happening. In Canter or Gallop all 4 of the animals feet are momentarily off the ground at once. The newspaper ran a small article and it was on the local TV news. It was a small quake probably sometime in the 90's.

One of the neighbors used a machine gun to set off a percussion bomb on the 4th of July which scared all of the livestock and put the wildlife off their schedules for awhile. It was weird because how often do you hear a machine gun go off in the neighborhood. Everyone in the family that was here that day was upset. That was a few years ago. The atmosphere felt like it whooshed by, while we were standing on the back porch. I think of it when I see destruction of villages and homes in the middle east news. It must be horrible to see everything collapse near bombs that are set off in war zones.

I don't fly fish. I once trolled for fish on the Mississippi River. That was big fun. And, my dad took us fishing for pan fish with bobbers when I was a kid. That was also lots of fun. Someone, should give us a quick run down on slinging line at fish to get them to bite, or tying flys. I can watch the fish off the Fishing Bridge.

OK I have to pack so I can move to the next site. Hope that card game ends amicably.












fis


© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857206-Regular-stuff-and-Yellowstone-day-12