*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857915-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#857915 added August 20, 2015 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
I went and done it again. I wrote in my blog last night while Rhonda was working on dinner, then saved and closed my browser when it was time to eat. Only, I must have close the browser too soon, and it didn't save. I've done this a few times, a result of hurrying and having a slow internet connection. Luckily, I hadn't written very much, and it wasn't anything of importance. Even so, it kind of disappoints me, even though it's as much my own fault as it is the slow internet we have.

But, there's not much that can be done about it now. There's no way to go back and salvage the post, and there isn't any other internet available in this little, rural town. We have what we have, and just have to make the most out of it. It's faster than dial-up, but still almost too slow to stream movies or music. Some day it's suppose to get better, but who knows how long before they upgrade us out here. Besides, when they finally do update us, I'm sure it will be the same as most other places they have done this. You get a choice of what speed you want, but you pay dearly for the faster internet. Hell, for that matter, we already pay dearly for this speed.

Enough on that, since it's not going to accomplish anything, and on to my day. Rhonda didn't have to go in until eleven today, so we had a nice morning together. Then, I drove her in to work, then went over to my brothers for the day. He had his boat all ready to go when I got there, and we headed straight for the lake and an afternoon of fishing. It was in the seventies today, and pretty calm when we launched the boat.

Once we got underway with some fishing, a nice breeze came up. It was enough to keep us cool, but not so bad as to make much for waves, just a real nice day. He caught the first fish, a walleye. Not overly big, but not too bad; it was a keeper. Then he caught a jumbo perch that was almost as long as the walleye, but much fatter. Shortly after he landed a real nice sunfish, which was a surprise since we didn't know there were any sunfish in this lake.

I didn't catch anything even though I did have the first bite, and a couple of hit's on my jig a bit later. The last one was a pretty good bite, and I thought I had the fish at first, but then it was gone. When I pulled the jig in, which had a twister-tail on it, the tail was gone. The fish bit it right off. That was it for me for the day, but he did catch a couple more. One little northern that we returned to grow up, and someone's sun-visor.

Not much for fish, but a wonderful afternoon on the lake and some good visiting while we enjoyed a nice day. It passed much too fast, and before I knew it, my watch indicated it was time to head in and go pick Rhonda up form work. I got things put away while my brother reeled in his line and got us ready to head to shore. Then I started reeling my line in, and got hung up on a rock. he turned the boat, still under propulsion from the trolling motor, and headed towards the snag while I reeled in line.

We went right over the spot but I couldn't get the line to pull in. As we drifted over the area I was hung up in, the line went under the boat, and by the time I got it back out it was wrapped up in the prop of the outboard. It was a real mess, and I ended up having to break the line to get it untangled. I still don't know how fishing line can wrap around a propeller that isn't turning. I would guess it was wrapped at least a half dozen times. Makes me wonder if it was caught on a snag or if a fish had nabbed it and wrapped it around the motor and then got it tangled in the prop.

It was kind of crazy how it went, but it wasn't enough to ruin the day, and we soon were underway back tot he dock, loaded the boat on the trailer, and headed for home. I had to hustle to get Rhonda, and she was waiting when I got there, but it all worked out fine. It was good day, enjoyable, and all the fresh air has me ready to fall asleep.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857915-Thursday