*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858128-Yellowstone-Day-23
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#858128 added August 23, 2015 at 9:01am
Restrictions: None
Yellowstone Day 23
It's fair week at home. A really big doins *Cowboyhat* My granddaughter is with me this month so we are painting our nails and coloring mandalas. I've never had green sparkles on my fingers before. *Tiara* Girly stuff!!

I looked at the virtual petrified forest museum. So, I've seen real pictures of the ridge trail.

On the other hand, 600,00 thousand years ago there was a stand of trees, intermingled with other plants. The calcite and silica was blowing around from the magma. It landed on the flora and fauna. As the years went by it sifted into the grooves of the bark. The heavy sediment kept the normal amounts of oxygen and natural organisms of decay from reaching the trees and plants. The molecules changed taking on the formation of minerals harder than stone. I see the trees heavy with minerals resisting decay and no longer moving with the force of the wind. Standing high over the land becoming fossilized.The leaves no longer bringing life to the plant. The sun hitting them would bring out new colors. As the water washed away the sediment the other mineral deposits like iron yield a different coloring. Now, the change complete - no longer wood - a new material that lasts. Are they dead? No. Just changed a different molecule which formed a new mineral stand taking on all the essence of the living tree or plant. Something that distillate, cannot stand solid and resist the force of nature forever. Now we see them never dying, just changing, eroding back to the dust.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858128-Yellowstone-Day-23