*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858052-Yellowstone-Day-22
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#858052 added August 22, 2015 at 1:01pm
Restrictions: None
Yellowstone Day 22
"Nearly 150 species of fossil plants from Yellowstone have been found,
spanning 500 million years, from the Cambrian to the Holocene.
Most petrified wood and other plant fossils come from Eocene
deposits about 50 million years old." says, an article from www.nps.gov about Petrified fossil plants found on the Specimen Ridge Trail.You can take a virtual Hike up the ridge by going to www.petrifiedwoodmuseum.org. Hiking up the trail in real life is strenuous and can take 3 hours round trip. Pictures are encouraged but fossil specimens are illegal.

I interned with the Purple Martin Association as a journalist. One day I went out with the scientists doing field research and helped tag Purple Martins. Their legs are so small it is like tagging skinny sticks. So, tagging Buffalo will be educational. What kind of damage is present at the ranger station. Will we need tools or is it a clean up operation?

Did charlie and Cinn ever return? Or did they go to fight the forest fires?

Found my way to a website about ghost stories of Yellowstone and guess what? Those strange pounding sounds at the Roosevelt Lodge at 3 a.m. are made by "Uncle John" Yancy. He built a hotel in Pleasant Valley near the Roosevelt Lodge for stagecoach travelers.When President Roosevelt was visiting the park Yancy was 77 years old. He went to the dedication of the Archway at the North Gate and met President Roosevelt. Unfortunately, the trip was quite stressful for him and he died of Pneumonia 2 weeks later. The story says he moved into the Roosevelt Lodge and spends his time moving quest possessions around even unsaddling horses used by the tenderfoot guests. Yes! We should have a great time at Yancy's Hole!!

This is the best camping trip ever.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858052-Yellowstone-Day-22