*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858841-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#858841 added August 31, 2015 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
I reckon I better get this written and posted, or I'll be missing yet another day. At least it's not because work and other such activities are infringing, I have the time but just did not get to it. See, it was the weekend, and Rhonda is off now on the weekends. For how long, who knows. For that matter, who knows how long I'll have weekends free. So, as long as we have them, we are taking the time to enjoy them. Of course, since I'm not working currently, we have the time, but not the money.

Oh well, that is the trade off. It makes things difficult, and we won't be eating very fancy for the next couple of weeks, but when I look at my gut and see it's super-sized, that may also be a blessing.

Today was yet another trip to Sioux Falls for more tests. The results from the scope showed nothing bad, so still no answers. It is good news, and I don't mind hearing that the tests, prods, and punctures are showing good results, but the good news is not answering any questions as to what's wrong.

Today they shot me full of radioactive dye and then watched to see how it passed into my liver, through the bile ducts and how the gallbladder worked. I won't know the results for a day or two, but the test did trigger the same symptoms I've been suffering from.

The dye itself didn't have any listed side effects, but as my gallbladder filled with it, I could feel a dull ached develop. Of course, this is common, but since I had not eaten or drank anything, it was a sign that the gallbladder was sensitive. Then, when they gave me the IV with the trigger for the gallbladder to contract and empty, the pain intensified. More signs that this is the source of the problems.

But, there are other symptoms as well that seem non-related to the gallbladder. This is partly why it's been so long and difficult to pinpoint anything. There could also be some damage to my small intestine that is causing some of the problems.

One test at a time is what I've been doing, narrowing done what's not wrong. If the results confirm that my gallbladder is not working properly then it will be removed, and while the doctor has me under, I get a repair on my hernia patch that is not serious but causing some discomfort. He also wants to look around inside for any other signs of damage, especially to the small intestine.

Sounds like a lot, but if I can get things fixed and feel right again, it's all worth it. I was going to say back to normal, but this has been going on since I fell and injured my abdomen in May, so the pain and problems resulting are now normal for me.

Here's hoping for good news, and answers, too.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858841-Monday