*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859277-Happy-Memorial-DayErmLabor-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#859277 added September 6, 2015 at 3:57pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Memorial Day....Erm...Labor Day?
I am walking in the community where I once knew well the halls, paths and people. I have been away for too long and find familiar names, but see many changes to the point of almost not recognizing acquaintances and places. I also notice old friends no longer present.

Happy Memorial Labor Day Weekend to WdC, Happy (belated) Birthday. 15 Years now? My how time flies when looking back over the years. Writing.com was nearly a year old when I discovered the site and I was writing on a windows 98 program. I celebrated 14 years as a community member last July. Since then I've, used two other computers and with their updated programming. The windows 98 was left on the wayside to be replaced with a Windows XP. Recently, just after the first of the year, the XP has been replaced with Windows 10.1? Not sure that is what is on this newer brand...maybe it is simply 10.1 capable? And this computer has it's problems. I can't use the cd player for instance, because the computer can't find it? For some reason, about two months after I received the computer, the cd player could no longer connect with the mainframe. Because I still use this computer to go on the internet, I've not sent it in for repair or reboot or what ever it needs. So I have a computer that won't play cd/dvds...in fact a minor inconvenience at this time.

So, I visit WdC today as a stranger revisiting a familiar landscape after a long hiatus. Floods and rebuilding have changed the landscape a bit. This means that every discovery is exciting.


Thunder is presently rolling out of the cloud covered Mountains to the west of me, which means T-storm heading my way. So I bid farewell for now. When the weather passes I will be back to explore first my own portfolio and to update it then to visit old friends' portfolios and reacquaint myself with community.


(note: Corrections made Sunday September 6, 2015)

© Copyright 2015 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859277-Happy-Memorial-DayErmLabor-Day