*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859334-September-6
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#859334 added September 6, 2015 at 10:55am
Restrictions: None
September 6


Kim Davis is not in jail for her belief in the Christ. She is in jail for her failure to do her duty. She was elected to carry out the fulfillment of duties that pertain to upholding laws in this Country. If she could not fulfill this obligation, because of her beliefs in Jesus, she could have simply resigned. According to law, other persons can be put into her position because of her failure to complete her duties. That has happened.

We as a nation get caught up in our rights and start shouting before we understand them. This is a nation of people who want a little freedom to speak their beliefs openly without condemnation or threat of prison, own land, own homes, walk to the store without carrying a weapon for self protection, worship in a way the pleases God, be informed of trouble before it knocks on the door and just feel that the next day may arrived without tragedy striking our immediate life.

Example: You are working as a clerk in a shop. A woman buys a cup of coffee. She comes into the coffee shop several times a day with only the idea to have a cup of coffee and maybe connect with someone who will listen to her problems. She is always smoking a cigarette. On one particular day she is complaining about the recent laws banning smokers from public buildings. So, the clerk asks, “How many smokers do you know that are upset about the new laws?” “ Everyone, everyone I know is upset about them,” she responds. “O.K., says the clerk, why don’t you band together and get up a petition to repeal the laws?” “When it came up for a vote did you vote against it?” The woman, retrieves her cup of coffee from the counter with a wide eyed look, “No.” She states. Turns away and walks out.

Davis is a member of an Apostolic Congregation. She takes her faith in Jesus seriously. So, why did she confuse her government job and her citizenship in the USA, with her faith in Jesus. This happens a lot in this country. Because the separation of church and state is a conundrum.

We are raised within community churches, synagogues, mosques and other religions. We all walk the streets together. But what we are really raised with are doctrines that are specific to the way we live.

The doctrine of the of the Apostolic Church says, “ The doctrine of the church is based on a literal interpretation of the Bible, which is recognized as God-inspired, infallible, and inerrant. New Testament teachings are carefully followed, and counsel and advice are sought from examples found in the Old Testament.”( Reference: www.apostolicchristion.org/doctrine)

What does the word literal mean? Literal: being actual, without exaggeration or inaccuracy. True to fact, a strict sense or used in an unimaginative way. (according to Dictionary.Com)

If you consult with the Statement of Faith on www.apostolicchristion.org,:
Number 16 says, “The believers live separated, sanctified lives and are not conformed to the world. Discipline of erring members is administered for their spiritual welfare and for the preservation of the church.”

A part of number 17 states: Government authority is respected and obeyed.

So, can you do both? Live a separate, sanctified life; not conform to the world and obey the government? Also, this does not state clearly which government the church or the USA. However, Matthew and Paul’s biblical writings and others are referenced under the Number 17. I assume we are literally talking about the Roman government, or Greece or Corinth etc: I did not look up all these references but you get the idea. If the church was a part of her decision to do what Davis did, then if they influenced the decision as her brothers and sisters in Christ, what does that mean for her? If she does not follow through how will they discipline her? The Catholics excommunicate people who do not comfort to their wishes. The Amish Christians use shunning as a discipline.

This is a very serious problem that could influence Davis for the rest of her life. It could influence her mentally if she loses her status in the group she thinks of as her family. I believe this charismatic group has put Davis at risk for suicide or failure to recuperate mentally for many years. The church will lose one more sincere person as a member. With out people to give her proper understanding she will deteriorate emotionally. As for what the USA will do she can’t win. Davis is now stuck between the discipline of the church and jail. The USA will stand firm, she broke the law. Some type of disillusionment is inevitable. By the way, are the Supreme Court Justices who interpret our countries laws Christians?

There are lots of others in the USA who have been put in this same position as Davis. Be concerned for her she is being led astray. God does not believe in human sacrifice.




© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859334-September-6