*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859647-Magic-of-Seasons
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#859647 added September 9, 2015 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
Magic of Seasons
         I watched a baby Looney Tunes cartoon today with the two year old. Baby Bugs Bunny was trying to be a magician. He failed, but Grandma Bunny gave him some encouragement and sent him out to play. It was an excellent cartoon. And a really good uplifting lesson to be had by adults, as well!

         The part that really caught my attention was the awe with which Baby Bugs asked, after watching some birds hatch, "How did you baby birds get inside those eggs?"  To a child, watching that happen for the first time might make him think the birds had somehow magically gotten trapped inside the shells. Baby Bugs went on to discover the "magic" of springtime right in his own backyard.

         We get so jaded that we often fail to see the magic all around us. Seeds become plants. Buds become blooms. Butterflies are drawn to certain kind of shrubs only. A killdee puts his nest in the grass, but pretends to be wounded and distract you if you go anywhere close to his nest. Some snakes hatch from eggs just like birds.Crocus come up in the snow, bloom, and are gone in a few days. There is wonder and awe all around us every day. Our world, our universe is a very magical and wonderful place.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859647-Magic-of-Seasons