*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860281-Spring-Forrward-Fall-Back-ePocketwatch
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#860281 added September 17, 2015 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Spring Forrward, Fall Back {e:Pocketwatch}
How did it get this late so early? *Pocketwatch*

A week ago I noticed the time on my clock was not coordinating with the morning daylight outside my window. I get up about 5 A.M. most mornings to put the dogs out and feed them. Next, I noticed it was getting dark a lot earlier. My conscious time machine was percolating winter warnings. I had a long cold winter and I was enjoying the summer days. I am not ready for winter yet. *Headbang*

According to William Harris, who wrote an article about time for www.howstuffworks, Benjamen Franklin was a diplomat to France. During his stay there, he noticed how much candle wax was being used to keep the night time parties running. So, he thought up a way to change the clocks to make more day light. He wrote an article about it.

Many other people were also thinking about this time idea. It was actually put into practice about 1916 during WW I by Germany. They were trying to save coal. Other countries immediately jumped in and the first Daylight Savings was started.

The USA used legislation passed by congress to make the whole country able to start and stop at the same time. States and counties are able to opt out if they want.USA Presidents are able to change the time for start and stop according to emergencies or political need.

DLS starts for the USA at 2 a.m. the second Sunday in March and ends at 2 a.m. the first Sunday in November. This is where I get turned around cause I thought it started in November and ended in March. *Bigsmile*

The fact I did not especially know is: we lose a whole hour when it starts and gain it back when it stops. Did you miss it? *Sleep*















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860281-Spring-Forrward-Fall-Back-ePocketwatch