*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860699-All-USA-should-be-on-High-Alert
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#860699 added September 22, 2015 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
All USA should be on High Alert
The Pope will be making a trip to the US very soon, and some citizens will be displaced due to his travel safety regimen. Has anything like this happened to you before, being stuck in traffic so a famous person could get by?

Yes. My first husband was in the Air Force stationed at Randolph Air Force Base. At the time diplomats and US Officials were often flying in and out of the Base. I kept my horses on the base at the stables. *CountryUS*

The military police would come around warning people when the base would be closed. So, we were suppose to be able to get off the base. Also, some of my friends lived in base housing so they would call in the morning if the gates were closed and sometimes do morning feeding for me if I could not get in and out of the stable area.

The worst was when President Johnson was flying in, to go, to the ranch. Often his staff would call ahead so the base would close, then something would come up to change his schedule in Washington so the base would remain closed to the public, until he was able to reconcile his schedule and get home.

If you were on base there would be a surge of traffic flowing off the base when the announcement was made. Anyone who lived off site and could leave their workplace would get out since getting off or in was not possible once the base was sealed. Traffic would be backed up because of traffic lights just off the base on the main road. It would also be bumper to bumper automobiles flowing through the gates. There was a main road out and all streets flowed into that main road.*FacePalm*

Don't ever mess with the USA military when it is on High Alert. *ThumbsUp*


© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860699-All-USA-should-be-on-High-Alert