*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860837-201509240652
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2057957
I'm a writer, nurse and conservative just going about my day.
#860837 added September 24, 2015 at 8:02am
Restrictions: None
201509.24:0652
Well, yesterday sucked. Overall it wasn't a bad day. At least not until the end of the day. My plan was to come home and put in my 1k word count for the day but then my wife said she wanted snacks. Now we usually have something to snack on at home but what she always means is that she wants us to go out and get new snacks. Okay, no problem. I can do that and my word count. Now there was something else to add to the tension here. That night was the night that Survivor was starting with episode one of the season and after that Big Brother was ending. I'm a fan of both and I knew that I'd get no writing done once those shows started.

But I had plenty of time. Right? No. I couldn't find my wallet. Once I started looking for my wallet I realized what I had done with it. As a nurse, I never walk around with my wallet because I give medications to old folks and we like to be eye-to-eye with them when we are with them. So I'm usually on my knees and having a wallet in your pocket is uncomfortable if you are in that position many times a day. So I lock my wallet in my locker. So I knew it was in my locker at work.

Now, usually I just take the wallet out of my locker along with all my other stuff. But this time, there were some women looking at the work schedule what happened to be near my locker and I had to reach behind them to grab my stuff...and I couldn't see into the locker and I didn't notice that I left behind my wallet.

So, now I, and you, see my problem. I would not have enough time to go back to work, get my wallet, get my wife's snacks, do my word count and watch my shows. I was screwed.

The end result was that I was able to get my wallet and the snacks, didn't have time for my word count and fell asleep around 8pm (the normal time I go to bed because I have to get up at 4am for work), and I didn't get to watch Big Brother.

So this morning I watched Big Brother and the end of Survivor on their websites and now I'm working on my word count.

Damn. The writing life is not easy.

© Copyright 2015 Manofstone (UN: manofstone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Manofstone has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860837-201509240652