*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860923-Driving-down-the-road
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#860923 added September 25, 2015 at 8:00am
Restrictions: None
Driving down the road
On this day in 1492, the crew of the Pinta (one of Christopher Columbus' ships) mistakenly thought that they had spotted land. Your prompt: When has a trip of any sort not turned out as initially expected?


Manx Cat from Japan





In 1964 or 1965 I did not look up the dates so might be a little off. Anyway, my first husband and I were living in North Dakota. We were about to move to Texas. My husbands brother was stationed at an Air force Base in Texas. We were going to stop in Pennsylvania before the move to Texas.

A surprise telephone call came from Richard's (my husband) mother. She was visiting his brother and his wife in Texas and they decided to meet us in North Dakota and we could all drive back to Pennsylvania together in two cars. (Lots of room for luggage). *Cool*

On the drive from North Dakota, my mother-in-law rode in the back seat of Robert's (Brother-in-law) car. Madeline (mother-in-law) raised 4 boys. Richard and Robert were the oldest.

It was a wild ride. The boys loved to do things they thought would upset the mom. Like, keeping the soda in a cooler in one car and passing to the driver in the other car while speeding down the highway at 60 mile an hour. With the mom yelling, "You boys quit that." "Your getting to close. You"ll wreak the car." *Rant*

Nevertheless, Madeline was happy when the boys were around. Even though they were grown she was always willing to grab a newspaper and swat them while telling them how they should behave. They would all be laughing and she would be smiling. *Proud*

The wives were younger and already knew to keep quiet and serene because the stunts between the brothers were a given night or day. *Angelic*

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860923-Driving-down-the-road