*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860984-Bill
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#860984 added September 26, 2015 at 2:40am
Restrictions: None
Bill
I felt better today. I still have trouble sleeping. I seem to always lighten up when I get to Bills house. We talk about family and what it means and life in general. His name reminds me that there is always a cost that is involved in the choices that we make at any given time.

This day was filled with choices. I pray I made the right ones. It started with the choice to work overtime. It was a long shift. I could hardly sleep at night and I was working all morning into afternoon sitting on a chair looking for someone who was considered subversive. That was not enough. I was asked to work an hour over at this position. I chose to work for that hour. I was then stranded for another half hour because I could not find anyone to take my place. It was a long shift believe me. After that I decided I needed more overtime and volunteered to work overnight after Saturday shift. I will be leaving for vacation in less than two weeks and that makes the day go shorter. I am running on adrenaline awaiting the hope of revival.

After getting home, I was met with a wife who said she was sick and unavailable. She encouraged me to go see Bill. Bill and I talked about my conundrum of not knowing what to expect with Sharon. She has always been indecisive about meeting new people or being social. It grates on me. She has been invited to a lot of social functions only to pull out at the last moment. It is all a part of the territory of being married. I accept her and accept that there will always be surprises. I only pray that I will be up to the challenge.

Well I need to get some sleep/rest. I chose to see my grandkids before work. That is often a very draining experience. I can not help thinking about my mortality lately. I am going back East to make sure my family sees me alive. I question what keeps us living. I think the answer is relationships and social connection. I pray as I always do that the same love that brings us together brings us back together again
*BigSmile*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860984-Bill