*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860917-Sleepless-in-KC
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#860917 added September 25, 2015 at 3:48am
Restrictions: None
Sleepless in KC
sleepless in Kc. should be my middle name. It has been a good day. I love when I care give because I learn so much about myself and my relationships with other people. I took care of an elderly gentleman today who amassed all manner of strokes and has lived to tell the tale. We did a great deal with speech therapy exercises and then had occasion for him to tell me about his world. He talked of his children, his work and travels. When his wife came home she was surprised at what I learned in such a short time. Will had a big grin on his face. He messed up on one of his grandkids names and his story about playing piano was a bit off. He played the guitar in a Dixieland band according to his wife. It was fun to look underneath confusion and see light. Will is a great guy and I was glad to get to know him. Once we understood his speech limits it was easy to discover what for him took on meaning and gave him hope. It was a wonderful day to share my life and love and adopt him as one of my extensive list of family. As I said to them: May the same love that brings us together bring us together again. If not in this life than in the life to come. And I hope all that read my blog or other things I write know this to be true. *Yawn*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860917-Sleepless-in-KC