*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861776-Letter-From-the-Editor-October-2015
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#861776 added May 30, 2019 at 6:44pm
Restrictions: None
Letter From the Editor October 2015
Heading 1

Preparing for NaNoWriMo
Heading 2

Are you preparing for National Novel Writing Month?
Hook

Planning the novel verse writing in the zone.
About this Newsletter

"I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who."

Rudyard Kipling

To read the rest of this beautiful poem see http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/i_keep_six_honest.html.

Letter from the Editor

I am doing it again. I am attempting to answer Rudyard Kipling's six question in relation to my NaNoWriMo nove. I am planning the even though I know that when I sit down to write there is ninety percent chance that I will not follow the plan. I will start the first chapter according to the plan, but somewhere between chapter one and chapter three I will enter The Zone. Once I enter then the novel's maps are discarded.

The Zone is what I call place where the characters take over the novel and start redirecting it. I realize that it is not the character taking over the novel, but a part of my mind that get into the rhythm of writing and takes over. The Zone is the place where the only thing you want to do is write without regard the the plans you have made.

I once thought that it was a waste of time plotting the novel and describing characters when I knew they would not be followed. I have changed my mind about planning being a waste of time. True I will ignore many of the plot plans, but I will have the written down the basic plot and a description of the main characters. While I will not follow the plan in the same way I follow a road map, I will use some of the ideas and most of the characters. I will also get several background stories that I can expand on later.

*BulletB* Do you plan to write a novel in November?
*BulletG* Are you planning your novel in October?
*BulletR* How do you use the plans you made for the novel in October when November comes?


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2056594 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Boring. Dull. Plain. Ordinary. Miriam used these and several other words to describe her existence. Both her home life and her school routine were so pale and predictable. One autumn evening would give her more than she could have ever imagined possible.

Belief in Something Greater  (ASR)
Writer's Cramp - 9/4/10 - Acrostic poem about an alien birthday gift.
#1705216 by Jeff

Excerpt: B irthday present arrives
         E arly one morning
         L ight had just dawned over
         I ndianapolis, Indiana
         E veryone thought it was a
         F ire in the sky

 Synopsis  (E)
Untitled Work in Progress
#2056679 by Progonos

Excerpt: The year is 4089. It has been 2000 years since the last great war of earth...

STATIC
Orange Sky  (13+)
A slave races to save his runaway wife before hunters capture her.
#1261943 by Eric the Fred

Excerpt: Bear first spied the Imps on their wing-beasts as he slid down a path of loose stone. They hung between him and the canyon's far wall, patrolling for dinner or for their more desired quarry, an escaping slave. The sight gave him new urgency. The life of the girl who fled downslope held value only for him. The slave hunters would bring her back as a corpse, to hang for a time on the City outskirts.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2060273 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Once upon a time there was a gentle girl who lived alone in a tiny cottage at the edge of a lake. Each morning, she would awaken and seek her breakfast.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861776-Letter-From-the-Editor-October-2015