*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862736-BC--danger-Will-Robinson-danger-danger
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#862736 added October 12, 2015 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
BC: danger, Will Robinson, danger, danger
Prompt: What would you do if you suddenly found yourself in a terrifyingly dangerous situation? Could you keep your calm? What would be the first reasonable thought to occur to you?

Surprisingly, this actually happened a couple of times. The first time, i was young and fresh off the farm, so to speak. It was a sorority house of victorian styling. My bedroom was one that must have resembled the servant's quarters. I had to go through one bedroom to get to the back bedroom. one night when all the girls were out for the night, someone was cutting through the screen in the bedroom. I was a good Catholic and I prayed to God, Jesus, Mother Mary, and every saint I could think of to get me out of that situation. It worked. He stopped mid cut and I was given the blessed gift of sleep. Nothing happened and I was "told by God" not to investigate. Sleep is a good thing.

The second time, my sister is a two lane highway driver only. She is fine until she sees more than two lanes in one direction. I told her I would drive at the next pull off. The next pull off was that V at the bottom of an entrance ramp where it merges with the freeway traffic. That is where she stopped the car, jumped out and we switched drivers right there. I quickly merged with the traffic. I asked sis if she was alright. She said yes, she was under the seat and didn't see anything.

So boys and girls, I learned that prayer and laughter are good releases from potentially dangerous situations.


© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862736-BC--danger-Will-Robinson-danger-danger