*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
13
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863016-All-A-Twitter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(117)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#863016 added October 15, 2015 at 6:23pm
Restrictions: None
All A-Twitter...
Anyone purporting to be a hero should be held suspect.

If there were a professional Solitaire league I'd finish in first place.

There are times when I want to forget everything I have ever learned and start over. #Ruined

Everyday I get a little closer to something; I don't know what. I can just feel it. It could kill, it could rejuvenate me. I edge a little closer, hoping it opens it's eyes to view me.

Because of my alleged OCD it is difficult for me to be a slouch at my job. Wannabe slacker.

I'm at the intersection of a left brain and a right brain and I don't know which way to turn. #indecision

Lost like the change beneath your couch cushions. I have value, but not until you find me.

How can my thoughts be linear, if I keep letting those trains roll off the tracks?

Returning my attention back to internet stalking now.

My brain becomes a random fiction generator when I'm or too tired to write. The process of getting it out destroys the story.
I blame copious amounts of caffeine. There's going to be one hell of a headache at the end.

It sucks that I have to decide whether or not I am, or just to be, happy. Shouldn't I just know instead of having to weigh the measurables.

Forgive me because I don't close my eyes when I pray, peaking instead to see that little hand slipped between my rough paws when we lift our hearts to speak with you.

Metaphors are my crutch.
I use similes like a crutch.
Analogy?

So much time, so little motivation, so sayeth the procrastinator.

Aphoristic pithiness

Wait. Isn't "How To Win Friends and Influence People" just a sociopathic manifesto?

Sarcasm lesson of the day: that's about as flattering as the fist-bump-thank-you from my 12-year-old boss.

Delusional disillusioned illusionist

We are the rodents under the floorboards, not the domesticated animals under your feet.

I sleep on my face and wake up with my head looking like a waffle cone. I guess that means my brain is full of ice cream.

He who thought of something first is smartest. He who takes your idea and patents it is richest (Thomas Edison).

I would like to put my ear to the ground, as I suspect it tells a story unlike the one I'm hearing above the rails.

Do what you love. Don't expect to be loved.

God put the slowest possible dimmer switch on my vision...can't pull the wool over my eyes. #glaucoma

When you have sunk your teeth into fantasy, the fangs cannot savor the bitter reality.

You can think what you want of me. There's more than meets the eye. #cliche #true

When he misspoke, he was unwittingly prophetic and the people flocked to him like it was Mecca, yearning to know their future (a tease).

There won't even be a whisper when I'm gone.

When you write an 'am I right' genre and you don't get an 'amen', you question your god for answers.

In the future, everyone will be a sociopath, because we will all feel compelled to lie for fear of the truth: we all grow old and die.

Futility: the jotted scraps of thoughts masquerading as wisdom like foggy reminders to someone with Alzheimer's.

There's no lonelier person amid company than I.

Not every villain likes to be villainized.

Some days I don't know how I'll go on, and then she smacks across the back of my head and I somehow get through it.

The moral high ground is a slippery slope where I am cornered, and I am still going to launch a vociferous 'Fuck you' as I go down.

You don't want them to turn out like you
but a better version of you -
the person you were meant to be -
what you thought mom & dad wanted.

No one ever truly sees you the way you want to be envisioned before you start to wonder whose version is closest to reality.

How can you be a productive writer, if you don't drink yer morning coffee? You cannot publish a novel, if you don't drink yer morning coffee. Wrong, do it again!

Out of the ashes and into the dust

When I tell my kids I plan to reduce the amount of time they spend with their electronic devices, I imagine the screams of the drug afflicted who need a fix.

There's a lot of evil out there disguising itself as righteous. You look at me, but I say look in the mirror.

Is it the catch of the day or bait? Hmmm, smells fishy. They keep measuring my mouth for a hook. Been in this pond a long time.

I've earned a lot of awards and accolades over the years for my writing. You know what, it doesn't define you and not an accurate measure. Do not display. Throw out. Move ahead as a writer until you know you have achieved all you can.

@glaedrfly: Dogs are dumb, #cats are self-sufficient. Unless you like co-dependency... Walks with a plastic bag. #poop

You are a young me. I see your naïveté and future disappointment. I insulate and cannot appreciate anything, never to be disappointed again.

© Copyright 2015 Brian K Cognitive Dissonance (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Cognitive Dissonance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863016-All-A-Twitter