*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
13
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863015-Tweeted--the-Tweetable-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(117)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#863015 added October 15, 2015 at 6:07pm
Restrictions: None
Tweeted & the Tweetable 2
When I was a teen with low self-esteem you told me I need to love myself before anyone else would while lobbing your own pithy, snide sarcasm.

Self-prophecized failure who would let success change him for the worse.

The teasing comb mocks me while aiding me in my delusion.

It's a good thing they don't retest your faith to keep membership at my church, because my license to practice what I preach would be revoked.

@glaedrfly: You're supposed to say Aha! when I'm found out. Literally, cannot get a rise out of you, my #targeted #audience .
#acceptance #writing

When you decide to come outside your head, I won't be around. I'll be hanging outside someone else's head.

I'm a social/cultural experiment, like some emotional Frankenstein.

My son and I differ when he says he isn't lying and I tell him he's just fabricating the truth.

I am capable of great loneliness. I've done it before and I can do it again.

Thanks Apple for all the reminders that my storage is full in the middle of a game on this very expensive device dedicated to just Solitaire.

I go to put on my ball cap when my heart melts. The tiny thing doesn't fit my head because my darling girl readjusted the headstrap.

Defer, defer, defer, defer...oh, crap. Now it's my turn. O-Kay. Defer. What'd you expect?

Glowing white (you say lacking color), I shine brighter before you flip the switch. I'm lost in your night.

You embrace capitalist pigdom and should be proud even after you're pitching cell phone plans at a kiosk to hobos with more expendable income than you.

I'm 10,000 tidal waves collapsing at once
Nothing I say means anything to anyone
Yet I am a force
It's important to me
You don't diminish me
My fire disintegrates magma
Cools it like snow
Pressure cracking the dry dust
Until evaporated into nothing
I don't care if you don't know that I exist
Is that why we're here?

I'm 10,000 waves
collapsing at once; nothing
I say means anything.

@glaedrfly: I'm 10,000 waves collapsing at once. Nothing I say means anything to you, as I eternally crush rock into sand.

Bunch of us exacting our own version of reality on others until one of us becomes the most real person in the world...in our minds...whatever.

Sometimes you have to live outside yourself instead of inside. Pressure too great, better perspective, don't have to insulate.

The early signs of his obsessive-compulsiveness were hard not to notice.

Family can be rudely confrontative and oddly too familiar to keep constant company. It's like they know every weakness and innocently exploit you.

Old: aging reforms the narcissist but does not cure the dreamer.

Every once in awhile, some temptress will come along to remind me I have unfinished business with THE ONE who I didn't close the deal with. So, it's not about you when I give you my eyes. I just need to know if she is somewhere inside you.

@glaedrfly: I want my head in a musty pup #tent on an Indian summer day reading old #comicbooks until I've absorbed the last ray of light. Come find me?

I broke myself a long time ago. Have neglected the repairs ever since.

I invite danger and ignore it when it comes.

I work to earn disapproval because it is easier and something I can relate to. Fear success, something I'm not conditioned for.

I think we set up our children for failure if we pay too much attention to bad behavior and don't give them our approval.

I've always wanted to be a better man, but with so few good in my life it's been a struggle.

Is profundity possible without notoriety?

No one knows you're breathing if they don't come to take your vitals.
You don't have a pulse until someone comes along to take your vitals.
How sick do I have to be to get some medical attention around here?
Can't I just be normal and at least have a annual check up?

You cannot come up with words until you go into seclusion, but once there you're cut off from all the world that inspires you.

Begging for peace from the world so I can have peace in my own head.

Need to stop thinking! Brain won't shut off once it's turned on.

Once all the thoughts were spilled from his head, he looked at them upon the laminate and realized he needed a mop.

I am a collector of words that mostly get boxed and stored in my head.

I collect words like flowers that need a good floral arranger. I don't grow them or cultivate them, they just appear to me.

Used up all of my negative capability in the 90s. Now I just go through life looking for reason to be angry.

There's actually a great rift or divide between the two hemispheres of my brain.

Children who live in fear don't learn to respect authority but disrespect themselves.

© Copyright 2015 Brian K Cognitive Dissonance (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Cognitive Dissonance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863015-Tweeted--the-Tweetable-2