*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863381-Escape-or-Change
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#863381 added October 19, 2015 at 11:32am
Restrictions: None
Escape or Change
Day One:

Let's start with something easy to get you in the mood of
escaping. Tell us how you escape distractions to be able to write?
Explain the most annoying ones and the schemes you use. If this is too
easy, maybe you can relate it creatively like this

"poem"My Writing Place



Fairy playing a flute







How does anyone actually escape. Isn't it a case of bringing the conscious mind around to look squarely at what has to be accomplished then doing it, in its own time.

Writing should be the same as dishes, laundry and other chores. Something that has to be done regularly but more interesting with bigger rewards.

Sounds good right. Then why don't I get it done? I saw a picture on Short Shots in September it reminded me of a Mushroom Field Guide I was reading so I sat down and wrote a short story for it. The story turned out different than I imagined but it was fun and entertaining to write and I hope for others to read.

I have known about November Novel writing month for several years and thought I would like to join to try to lengthen out a story I started writing a long time ago. So, this year I am working on it. Why, not before?

One of the reasons is I am responsible for so many everyday little jobs. And, I like to live in a neat environment. Another reason is I became aware of Nano Prep which is a real incentive. And I am reading a book called Creating Plot by J. Madison Davis and a book called How to Be a Nanowrimo Winner by E.M. Lynley. Escaping is moving from one place of knowledge into another.

So, I pick up the house mess, clean surfaces, do dishes, laundry, vacuum. It is a learned reaction to living. Only now, it is easier. No children to clean up after every day. Not as many live stock needs. Lots of pets but they are fairly easy on life. I retired in 2013 and I am just now getting into the idea that I don't have to adjust my schedule to anyone or anything but me.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863381-Escape-or-Change