*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863516-Age-for-the-Ages
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#863516 added October 20, 2015 at 4:40pm
Restrictions: None
Age for the Ages
Day Two:

OK. Time to get serious. Tell us your opinion and how you escape age's affect on you - physical, mental, perception. By the latter I mean how others expect you to act because of your age. Can the fun-loving kid in you still get out or can you control your inner child. Or talk about staying healthy in hopes of living longer, better - Blue Zone


Red Dragon

I like this challenge, time to tell it all. *Cool* You know I read. Well, I only found one book so far, that explains some facts about real aging. It was a memoir by a woman who was an editor of a magazine in Europe. (sorry, don't remember her name or the title.) She stated that she wrote the book because there was not much out there about how people age.

Between the age of 55 and 60 I was in college as a student. Many people and teachers though they may have been surprised when I walked through the door were none the less able to teach their classes. Others, (and I was warned by an adviser) simply tried to find ways to get me out of the class. One woman told me I had no right using the college library because it was for the young people. (how young is young?)

Guess what! Your brain is not going to ever tell you, you are old. Even when your muscles and joints sometimes refuse to work as well on a cold morning. This is a physical fact.

Once a class mate from my high school graduating class told me that it was time for me to slow down because the people my age were slowing down.

I rode horses many years. The US Air Force put out a pamphlet in the 1960's that listed horse back riding as the number one exercise for good health. You can not go back, go forward into an exercise that will work from the place you are starting.

Also, a fine Eastern Starr woman told me you should never do Yoga because it was against Christianity. So, I researched Yoga, and bought a subscription to Yoga Magazine. In College I took 3 courses in health. So, now I do Yoga, which I know helps me stretch muscles and tendons and stay limber, I think Jesus loves Yoga. You can do this in only a few minutes a day and learn to breathe properly. You can do it sitting in a chair. If you are serious about staying healthy a small amount of weight lifting also helps. Start with cans of vegetables off the shelves in your pantry.

In 2007 I was dragging around thinking how blukk I was feeling and I realized I used to run and I did not think I could still run across the yard. So, I started trotting around and then stretching out and then running. What fun!! *Rolling*

Cut out the junk as much as you can. Our society pushes it so I know it is difficult. Lettuce, carrot juice, beet juice, apples, peaches, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, walnuts. In the last two years I have discovered Mangoes and Avocado. I managed to grow an Avocado plant. I don't know how long it will last because I did not know it was a tree until it started growing. *Laugh*

No one can tell you how to age. Because each person is an individual. You have to enjoy good things. I still fly kites. I have a large kite that I can put up in the air so high I can hardly see it. Life can be fun but people will steal the joy if they can.

I'm not old just aging. We forget in the USA that people age. We are to busy living, than one day you wake up and realize you need to readjust your living requirements. Science says that people start aging when they reach their peak growth about early 20's. Don't let anyone else tell you how old you are.

My last thought for today: Don't study the Bible, study God within the scriptures: He made a beautiful blue planet. He called it into being with words. They were kind words meant to cause growth, environmental organization, beauty. Write ON:


P.S It helps to have WDC in our lives.















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863516-Age-for-the-Ages