*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863719-Crazed
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#863719 added October 22, 2015 at 1:15am
Restrictions: None
Crazed
I walk into work and feel like I have gone into the twilight zone. I show up early as usual. I get ready to take on my post as mobile and someone else grabs the keys. I have recently returned from vacation less than a week ago and the work place has undergone a large upheaval. I am disturbed and bordering on angry, frustrated would be a better word. There is so much churning within me. What is going on? One of the leaders of the whole company comes and invites me to sit down. He apologizes for not letting me in on what is going on. He prefaces what he says with noting all the changes that have taken place. I had been on vacation and I had no reason to know everything that was going on. I was chosen as the mobile. Everyone agreed I did well in that position. The clincher was that he tells me I only have four days instead of the five days I was used to. Even at this moment I am in shock. How could this happen? Before vacation I was getting overtime. There were not enough people to fill positions. Now everything has changed radically. People have been laid off and I am guessing that I am not the only one who is lacking hours. It feels like everyone is fighting for their lives. I am told I will be called, because I am one of the harder workers. I will get the same pay and will get benefits as a full time employee who is working 32 hours. I feel lost. Someone wake me up and tell me it is a bad dream.*Sad*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863719-Crazed