*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864179-Halloween
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#864179 added October 26, 2015 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
Halloween
What does Halloween Night look like in your area?



*Jackolantern* Red Dragon *Jackolantern*







Since we are rural and their are not any very young children near we don't get any trick or treat children. When you drive down the roads there are some homes that decorate. We see pumpkin with faces, spiders, webs, sometimes lighted spectacles or witches in yards, Many years ago the local towns went to advertising the time and day for trick or treat. I don't keep track of which days or evenings that happens in any individual town. Our township has a party for the children at the fire hall which is located near the center of the township.

There are parties and contests for children within the school system.

I never took my children trick or treating. But I bought them bags of candy and let them split it. They were growing up at a time when people were finding evil things in the candy children were given, such as razor blades, moldy food, etc. It seemed prudent at the time to let the school parties be the thing and drop the subject.


When I was a child in this area. We dressed up for school parties and that was the end of Halloween. I remember one year a neighbor on another road who had many young children asked my dad and step mom to come over so all the children available could go out trick or treating together. The parents had a get together and the kids walked miles to collect what they could.

It was mostly apples but one or two people had gone shopping and threw out a couple bags of candy which we took back to the adult location and it was split between the group of about 10 children.

Since merchandising became involved Halloween has grown a bit. Family TV shows make a big deal of it and the stores put out lots of items for dress up and decorating. My favorite has to be Charlie Brown's effort to establish The Great Pumpkin.


I have to say I never really understood Halloween until I learned about the South American holiday of The Day of the Dead.
I don't like horror books or movies they give me nightmares. So I'm a real spoil sport about this holiday.













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864179-Halloween