*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864284-Halloween-and-other-controversy
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#864284 added October 27, 2015 at 12:22pm
Restrictions: None
Halloween and other controversy
Day 2
Halloween Controversy - Many Christian Churches discourage their congregations to boycott Halloween Celebrations. What is your opinion, is Halloween pure evil?



Definition of evil by "Funk & Wagnalls " standard international edition dictionary: Morally bad; contrary to divine or righteous law; wrong or wicked; sinful or depraved. Actually the full definition is 2 full inches long and the font is about a 6. But the small amount I gave you gives you an idea of what the dictionary declares.

Did you mean encourage or discourage. If they are discouraging the congregation not to boycott, they are probably trying to stop controversy from causing a local disruption. There was another shooting in Erie last night. They are averaging one a day now. And, Halloween is not here yet.

If they are encouraging the congregation to boycott, they are probably standing up against the propagation of evil.

Halloween as enjoyment depends on the individual. Are you dressing up for fun or evil. Do you give out tricks. Not everyone likes a bad joke or to be meanly tricked. Now, we are into individual human rights. "Do unto others as you want them to do to you." And, think twice, because in the USA, people are starting to do things back to people on purpose.

The USA is presently in a state of realizing, this is not a christian country. (Really it does have christian values or we would not educate our people or take in refuges) Real Christians are being discouraged from voicing any opinions that will bring hot controversy anywhere.

I once spoke out about a christian camp that was encouraging the use of magic to children. Not because of the entertainment value but because they were introducing slight of hand and lying to children who should have been learning the value of truth.

If you get into this to deeply you will find the controversy of who is Jesus really?, That is a huge world wide controversy and yes it does involve Muslims and what they believe as well as Christians. (Real Church History can open the eyes of any one who believes anything.) Hence, the New Testament scriptures about not getting involved in arguments over scripture.

Well I'm finished you have been subjected to *Rant* Have a happy Halloween, don't eat to many sweets. *Smile*Manx Cat from Japan





















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864284-Halloween-and-other-controversy